Main Street Bridge Project
A delay in funding from the State will delay the construction of the Main Street Bridge project. City staff informed the City Council of the delay at their January 3, 2017 meeting. As a result of the funding delay, construction will not commence until the Spring of 2018. City Engineer Gary Ghio stated that while we could proceed, once we received the funding authorization, the construction schedule would straddle the winter months and he preferred not to do that so that businesses would be less impacted during the holiday season. Furthermore, construction will not proceed in 2017 as previously indicated, but is anticipated to begin in 2018.
We want to help make this process as easy as possible for everyone as we prepare for our exciting remodel of the Main Street Bridge!
- Utilities relocation will begin this fall with little to no impact to Main Street businesses and traffic.
- Construction should begin in the Spring of 2017.
- Every effort is being made to lessen the impact this project will have on our Main St. businesses and our community in general.
- Although scheduled events and peak visitor times will be taken into consideration during the street closure scheduling process, be prepared to be flexible.
- We will continue to provide updated information regarding the progress of this project as soon as it is available. Info can also be found on our website: www.cityofsuttercreek.org
Photo at the top of this page is a composite of new Main Street Bridge and Plaza – driver’s eye view.
Sutter Creek is a General Law City, which means it is organized in accordance with provisions of the State Government Code.